Wednesday, May 7, 2008

When I am alone.. with the beating of my heart...



When I am alone… With the beating of my heart..
I remember things too easily forgotten….
I remember things .. I wanted to do… never did…
Yet have spoken about them too often….

Some dreams… which I have kept somewhere …
Never looked back at them…. I remember now…
A little of me.. which could not grow…. As I did…
The kid in me… I remember somehow…
I remember.. I always dreamt of catching a butterfly…
Running after them in those fields…
Lie on the edges of the roof…. Looking at the night’s sky…
Keep trying to count the stars… whatever that yields….
Countless as they were… countless were my dreams..
I ask myself… ask about them…
Then I get a question back from somewhere….
Did you follow them…. ?

Whenever I am alone.. with the beating of my heart…
I remember those dreams… too easily forgotten…
I remember my childhood… that I always kept apart..
As I had to grow with the world and things interwoven…


I still go to those fields and sit alone….


Think what has got into me.. and what it has taken …
The list is long…. And now the pain is enduring…
The heart is not hopeless… but the faith is shaken….
Or I have grown weak…and need a hand that is assuring..
I still dream to fly on my own….
Build my castles…. Count my candies…
Ruled by heart… laugh,cry.. smile and frown….
Its not wise… they keep telling me…
I have grown up now…. And I killed that kid in me…. .

Whenever I am alone.. with the beating of my heart…
I remember… I am guilty for that kid’s untimely death..
Tears roll down my eyes…. I feel condemned….
Yet.. for the world.. I have to hold my breath….

I still go to that beach and sit alone…


Whenever I am alone with the beating of my heart…
I remember things too easily forgotten….

2 comments:

Sangeetha said...

Fishhhhhhhhh!!!!! hehehehehehhehehhe!!!!!

Unknown said...

Its Your feeling's and no one has rights to comment.